Wednesday, October 23, 2019 – 14:20
For over 30 years The British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education (BAC) has been responsible for setting standards within the independent further and higher education sector. Its accreditation is held by hundreds of colleges and training providers in the UK and all over the world. Rosebank College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) is also accredited by the BAC, which means that IIE Rosebank College is part of a growing respected global network.
About the BAC
BAC was established by the UK’s Department of Education and the British Council in 1984 to oversee independent further and higher education in the UK. BAC is a full member of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) and the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE).
BAC is an internationally recognised independent voice. Its accreditation sends a positive and clear message to students and partners that you are studying with a trusted and reliable provider who has met a series of globally recognised quality assurance standards. BAC is a not-for profit social enterprise dedicated to maintaining global educational standards by helping students choose reputable sources of further and higher education that meet globally recognised quality standards.
Organisations in 22 countries now use BAC to demonstrate and prove that their academic services meet the gold standard. As a non-biased, independent body, BAC is able to award accreditation with high levels of integrity and consistency.
What does this mean?
This BAC accreditation means that IIE Rosebank College has chosen to seek external accreditation and receive a review on its processes to demonstrate to you that it is a high quality institution. In order to achieve BAC accreditation, IIE Rosebank College has had to demonstrate that it meets BAC’s rigorous standards in six inspection areas:
· Governance, Strategy and Financial Management
· General and Academic Management and Administration
· Teaching, Learning and Assessment
· Student Support, Guidance and Progression
· Premises, Facilities and Learning Resources
· Quality Management, Assurance and Enhancement Higher education experts from the BAC inspectorate assessed the institution against our standards during a formal inspection visit. The Inspection team wrote a report for the independent Accreditation Committee who subsequently awarded accreditation which is valid for four years. The inspection report is available in the Directory and Inspection Reports section on the BAC website www.the‐bac.org.uk.